What we do
The Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) expands opportunities for employment, independent life and economic self-sufficiency by helping Oklahomans with disabilities bridge barriers to success in the workplace, school and at home.
To connect to the DRS office in your area call 800.487.4042 or visit our Office Locator page.
DRS is comprised of five program divisions, Vocational Rehabilitation, Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Disability Determination, Oklahoma School for the Blind and Oklahoma School for the Deaf. These divisions operate dozens of programs that help Oklahomans lead more independent and productive lives.
- Vocational Rehabilitation : Employment services for people with any disability, except blindness.
- Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired: Employment and independent living services for people who are blind, visually impaired.
- Disability Determination Services: Determines medical eligibility for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Oklahoma School for the Deaf: Educational programs for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Oklahoma School for the Blind: Educational programs for children who are blind or visually impaired.
DRS also relies on Support Services to handle administrative functions. Support Services comprises of the Executive, Financial Services and Management Services .
Check out our Disability Resource Guide, which shares program descriptions and contact information designed to help Oklahomans solve disability-related problems.
Oklahoma Disability Statistics
Oklahoma State Holidays for 2020
All Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services offices will be closed on the following dates:
- Wed., Jan. 1, 2020 for New Year's Day
- Mon., Jan. 20, 2020 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Mon., Feb. 17, 2020 for Presidents' Day
- Mon., May 25, 2020 for Memorial Day
- Fri., July 3, 2020 for Independence Day
- Mon., Sept. 7, 2020 for Labor Day
- Wed., Nov. 11, 2020 for Veterans' Day
- Thurs. & Fri., Nov. 26 & 27, 2020 for Thanksgiving
- Thurs. & Fri., Dec. 24 & 25, 2020 for Christmas