What we do
The Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) expands opportunities for employment, independent life and economic self-sufficiency by helping Oklahomans with disabilities bridge barriers to success in the workplace, school and at home.
To connect to the DRS office in your area call 800.487.4042 or visit our Office Locator page.
DRS is comprised of five program divisions, Vocational Rehabilitation, Visual Services, Disability Determination, Oklahoma School for the Blind and Oklahoma School for the Deaf. These divisions operate dozens of programs that help Oklahomans lead more independent and productive lives.
- Vocational Rehabilitation : Employment services for people with any disability, except blindness.
- Visual Services : Employment and independent living services for people who are blind, visually impaired.
- Disability Determination Services: Determines medical eligibility for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Oklahoma School for the Deaf: Educational programs for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Oklahoma School for the Blind: Educational programs for children who are blind or visually impaired.
DRS also relies on Support Services to handle administrative functions. Support Services comprises of the Executive, Financial Services and Management Services .
Check out our Disability Resource Guide, which shares program descriptions and contact information designed to help Oklahomans solve disability-related problems.
Oklahoma Disability Statistics
Oklahoma State Holidays for 2018
All Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services offices will be closed on the following dates:
- Mon., Jan. 1, 2018 for New Year's Day
- Mon., Jan. 15, 2018 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Mon., Feb. 19, 2018 for Presidents' Day
- Mon., May 28, 2018 for Memorial Day
- Wed., July 4, 2018 for Independence Day
- Mon., Sept. 3, 2018 for Labor Day
- Mon., Nov. 12, 2018 for Veterans' Day
- Thurs. & Fri., Nov. 22 & 23, 2018 for Thanksgiving
- Mon. & Tues., Dec. 24 & 25, 2018 for Christmas