OSD is a residential and day school providing specialized educational services to children and youth who are deaf or hard of hearing. The School also serves as a statewide resource for the education of deaf and hard of hearing children who attend public schools in Oklahoma. Programs include:
- Early Childhood Development Program for children ages 2-6;
- Regional preschools in Collinsville and Edmond are provided by OSB in cooperation with local schools;
- A comprehensive curriculum for residential and day students, with instruction in reading, language arts, math, social studies, science, physical education, fine arts, communication skills, computer skills, and other subjects;
- Vocational and technical training;
- Work experience in the community;
- Social, cultural and recreational activities;
- Student organizations;
- Sports and athletic competitions; and
- Outreach services including psychological and audiological evaluations, parent education programs, captioned videos, vocational and career education, counseling, and sign language instruction.
OSD Satellite Pre-schools:
Edmond Regional Preschool
University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, OK 73034
Chickasha Early Childhood Center
on campus of USAO, Canning Hall
1727 W Alabama Ave, Chickasha, OK 73018
Click link for contact information: https://usao.edu/academics/education-and-speech-language-pathology/jane-...
Reading and Literacy Program for Children who are Deaf. For deaf and hard of hearing youth ages 11-17 (5th - 11th grades) are held in the summers. The five-day program helps students learn to appreciate reading and advance their literacy skills. Students are tested and grouped by reading level. They receive five hours of instruction each day. Afternoons and evenings are filled with recreation and field trips.
Official Oklahoma School for the Deaf Website: https://www.osd.k12.ok.us/